The struggle to maintain and extend healthcare benefits for adjuncts continues, but for anyone losing insurance on September 1, even temporarily, these links provide useful information. 1. New York State Health Insurance Maketplace. 2. COBRA Benefits. 3. COBRA Benefits Subsidy.
ADJUNCT NOTIFICATIONS OF NON-REAPPOINTMENT
If you have received a notice of non-reappointment or if you did not receive notice, please let the union know by filling out the following form. The union will not share your information to anyone outside of PSC contract enforcement without your permission.
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE FOR ADJUNCTS
All adjuncts who are not working or are earning less than $504 per week should apply for unemployment insurance, with or without a letter of non-reappointment.
- NYS Labor Commissioner Roberta Reardon video that leads people step by step through the application process
- PSC FAQ on unemployment insurance for adjuncts
- Dept of Labor FAQs about Unemployment Insurance
- Contact the Workers Defense League, a non-profit advocacy organization that offers free advice about Unemployment Insurance & possible representation at hearings
IF YOU HAVE LOST YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE
- New York State Health Insurance Maketplace
- COBRA Benefits
- Are you eligible for a COBRA benefits subsidy under the American Rescue Plan?
FIND OUT ABOUT PART-TIMER RIGHTS AND BENEFITS
Learn about your rights and benefits.