#NewDeal4CUNY #CutCOVIDNotCUNY #SmallerClassesCUNY #MakeBillionairesPay #CUNYSafeReturn #ProtectTheResults
Send a letter:Tell Chancellor Matos Rodríguez: CUNY Raises Must be Paid Effective November 15. CUNY plans to delay our raises. The PSC is fighting back.
Build the Power We Need: Join the campaign to build the power to resist budget cuts, layoffs, increased workload and class size, and unsafe working conditions. In order to reach every PSC member by the start of next semester, we need at least 1,000 activists across CUNY (an average of 50 per campus) making calls and doing outreach.
Sign the petition demanding that Chancellor Matos Rodríguez reduce CUNY class sizes, bargain with the PSC over class size and rehire laid-off adjuncts.
Send a Letter: Tell Governor Cuomo to Tax the Rich to protect funding for CUNY, public schools, and vital services. More than 2 million jobs were lost in New York while the rich grew richer. New York cannot let their gain come at the expense of CUNY, of public schools, of the working people of our state.
Take the Survey: Have you been called to on-campus work? Tell us here. The PSC needs to hear from you right away so we can fight for you!
Links for adjuncts on non-reappointment, health insurance and unemployment insurance
A comprehensive list of union-developed checklists and documents for a safe return to campus
The 2021 federal stimulus bill includes an ARPA COBRA provision that may provide up to a six-month federally financed COBRA subsidy (for the period starting April 1, 2021 and ending September 30, 2021). This provision applies to eligible employees whose health insurance was terminated on or after November 1, 2019, because of involuntary job loss or a reduction of hours. This federal financing fully covers the COBRA health insurance premiums for eligible individuals.
Agreements on Deferring Tenure Review for Full-time Faculty, CCEs and CLTs, Deferring Sabbaticals and Extending the Deadline for Using Annual Leave for HEOs, CLTs and other non-teaching staff.
- 04/12/21: PSC Letter Urging Rejection of McKinsey Contract on Reopening
- 02/28/21: Delayed Equity Raises Victory
- 01/15/21: PSC Calls for Access to Vaccinations for All In-Person CUNY Workers
- 01/09/21: Update on Availability of Vaccines
- 12/07/20: PSC Member Board of Trustees Testimony December 2020
- 12/02/20: CUNY Rising New Deal for CUNY Town Hall
- 11/13/20: PSC launches Support TELC Adjuncts campaign
- 11/12/20: NYC Council Hearing on Adjunct Employment at CUNY
- 11/11/20: PSC launches Medgar Evers College Students, Faculty and Staff Deserve Better campaign
- 11/09/20: CUNY Plans to Delay Our Raises
- 10/30/20: PSC launches CUNY Needs Smaller Classes campaign
- 10/29/20: Online Mass Meeting of the PSC
- 10/18/20: After Four Confirmed COVID Cases, Hunter Campus Schools Refuse Tighter Safety Protocols
- 10/15/20:Rally to Reverse Budget Cuts and Layoffs at Hunter College
- 09/29/20: Victory for Students, Teachers and Community at Hunter College Campus Schools
- 09/26/20: Safety strike authorization vote for Hunter College Campus Schools
- 09/25/20: Judge Bars Hunter Schools from Starting In-Person Classes in Rooms without Real HEPA Filters
- 9/24/20: Teachers at Hunter College Campus Schools Have ‘No Confidence’ in Administrators or their COVID-19 Reopening Plan
- 09/22/20: PSC Files Restraining Order to Bar In-Person Classes at Hunter College Campus Schools until Building is Proven Safe
- 09/16/20: Hunter College Campus Schools Teachers Protest on Student-Parent Orientation Day to Demand Safe Reopening
- 09/10/20: PSC launches Hunter College Campus Schools Safe Return campaign
- 08/27/20: Preparing for Partial Reopening of CUNY Campuses (Guidance for Chapter Chairs)
- 08/26/20: PSC Demands Justice, Around-the-Clock Online Action
- 08/25/20: CUNY Worksites Must be Proven Safe
- 08/24/20: Letter from Congress members to CUNY Chancellor Matos Rodríguez and Board Chairperson Thompson
- 08/21/20: Union, Lawmakers, Experts Demand that CUNY Delay In-Person Activities until Buildings are Proven Safe
- 08/18/20: Impact Bargaining Agreement for Deferring Sabbaticals and CCE and CLT Tenure Review
- 08/13/20: Considering Taking a Leave this Fall
- 08/13/20: Fightback Thursday Vigil for Lives Lost and Those Threatened
- 07/25/20: Executive Council Statement: Ten Demands to Save Lives, Save Jobs, Save CUNY
- 07/23/20: Own Your Annual Leave Day
- 07/18/20: Photos and Video: Caravan Through CUNY Communities
- 07/09/20: On Zoom: Fightback Thursday Phone Bank
- 07/02/20: Video: Broke'lyn College Campus In Crisis Rally and March
- 07/02/20: Update: PSC Sues CUNY/Fights Layoffs
- 07/01/20: PSC Sues CUNY for Violating Federal CARES Act
- 07/01/20: Petition Delivered to CUNY Chancellor and Board of Trustees Protesting Adjunct Layoffs
- 06/27/20: Letter: Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Urges Management to Defend CUNY.
- 06/27/20: Letter: 69 NYC Electeds Urge CUNY Management to Defend CUNY
- 06/27/20: CUNY Rising March For #FundCUNYNotCops [Press Conference Video|March Photos]
- 06/26/20: Video: #FightBackFriday Testimony at CUNY Board Hearing for the People
- 06/23/20: Video: Stand Together for CUNY
- 06/19/20: PSC Position on Training for Online Teaching
- 06/18/20: Message from PSC Officers: Have You Been Called Back to On-campus Work?
- 06/18/20: 100 Legislators Unite for People-Centered Recovery, Refuse to Allow Budget Cuts without Raising Taxes on the Wealthy
- 06/17/20: Ad Campaign Launched: CUNY Must Do Better
- 06/17/20: PSC Launches TV Campaign: “CUNY Must Do Better” for Students and Communities of Color—and for Workers
- 06/17/20: Letter to Executive Vice Chancellor Batista and Senior Vice Chancellor Grace, Co-Chairs of CUNY's Coronavirus Planning Taskforce
- 06/16/20: Letter to Gov. Cuomo: Faculty-Organized Letter Signed by 2100 CUNY Faculty of All Disciplines, Ranks and Colleges
- 06/12/20: Video: #FightBackFriday Press Conference With Legislators
- 06/12/20: PSC Prepares for Potential Legal Action Against Layoffs
- 06/11/20: Video: Fighting for CUNY/Rebuilding NYC, School Of Labor and Urban Studies
- 06/10/20: Video: Public Education Under Attack, Labor-Religion Coalition
- 06/10/20: Video: NYC Council Hearing on the Impact of Coronavirus on CUNY
- 06/02/20: 30,000 Conversations this Summer
- 05/29/20: Department Chairs Oppose Layoffs and Course Reductions
- 05/28/20: Agreement on Adjunct Notification Date
- 05/25/20: Ad Campaign Launched: Hurting CUNY Means Hurting Our Recovery
- 05/19/20: Open Letter to Chairperson Thompson and Chancellor Matos Rodríguez
- 05/18/20: Video: Caravan to Stop Layoffs and Fund CUNY
- 05/15/20: CUNY Adjuncts, Union, AOC and NYS Lawmakers Demand Jobs and New Taxes on the Rich
- 05/10/20: Submit Your Protest Statement to the CUNY Board of Trustees
- 05/08/20: PSC Impact Bargaining Proposals
- 04/27/20: Frequently Asked Questions about Unemployment Insurance for Adjuncts
- 04/24/20: In Memoriam
- 04/23/20: Video: President Bowen on Preemptive Cuts to CUNY
- 04/23/20: Delegate Assembly Resolution on Maintaining Employment During COVID Emergency
- 04/21/20: Contract Provisions for the COVID Emergency
- 04/17/20: Impact Bargaining Agreement on Deferring Tenure Review
- 04/13/20: AFT Letter to CDC re Essential Personnel--Interim Guidance
- 04/13/20: Help NY Nurses by Joining PSC Homework Hotline!
- 04/09/20: PSC Statement in Response to Delay in April Raises for State Workers
- 04/03/20: Submitting "Telecommuting" Plans
- 04/02/20: PSC letter to CUNY About College-Issued Remote Work Notices
- 03/26/20: Update on “Recalibration Period"
- 03/23/20: New definition of "Essential Personnel"
- 03/18/20: What to Do if You are Asked to Report to Work on Campus
- 03/18/20: News Release: Faculty Union Calls on CUNY To Close Campus Buildings and Libraries, Shift to Working Remotely
- 03/17/20: CUNY Refuses PSC Demand; PSC Fights Back
- 03/16/20: Response to Chancellor's March 16 Email
- 03/16/20: "Essential Personnel" Update
- 03/15/20: Management Heard Us and Put Public Health First. Only CUNY Essential Personnel Should Report to Work
- 03/15/20: Update on Demand to Work Remotely
- 03/14/20: PSC Calls for All Work to be Performed Remotely
- 03/12/20: PSC Response to CUNY Coronavirus Plan
- 03/11/20: Guidance on the Use of Sick Days and Working Remotely During the COVID-19 Epidemic
- 03/09/20: Response from Chancellor Matos-Rodríguez Regarding PSC Coronavirus Demands
- 03/09/20: PSC Coronavirus Demands
- 03/06/20: PSC Request to Negotiate in Response to the Coronavirus COVID-19