PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2016, 11.30AM IN ROOM AB1-312
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all in attendance.
The minutes of September 28, 2016 were approved as read. The discussion followed the agenda:
Bonuses and Retroactive pay: There was one complaint of incorrect amount received - $600.00 instead of $1000.00. The check arriving in January 2017 will include step increase, salary and bonus. The Chair has advised us to make our calculations and verify them with payroll to ensure accuracy.
Security: The question was asked whether the Bedford parking lot was being monitored. The suggestion was made for the security system being used in the AB1 parking lot be also used in the Bedford parking lot. It was reported that on October 21, 2016, one of our colleagues was accosted alongside the S Building but it has not been possible to identify the assailant. Improved security and lighting is needed around the entire campus.
Labor-Management Meeting Agenda:
1. Public safety Officer needed for Library
2. Smart equipment is not working in Carroll Street building
3. HR does not respond to emails, phone calls
4. Carroll Street building: water from tap is sometimes brown
5. HR should not allow unauthorized personnel to call faculty members’ homes/enter their files
6. Faculty checks should be distributed at a separate window in the Bursar’s Office
7. Administrative Adjuncts difficulty in obtaining checks
8. Electronic keys are not working properly
Health Benefits Concerns: The Chair indicated that he would invite an expert in to address the matter.
Union Membership Application: All in attendance were encouraged to sign the union membership application form which makes us eligible to vote in union affairs, and the more applications submitted, the more funds would be allocated to PSC/MEC.
Volunteers Needed: Dr. Crawford requested volunteers for providing refreshments for our PSC meetings. Volunteers were as follows: Sandra Lewis, Angela Eustace, Paula Whitney Best, and Raquel Bennett.
Suggestion: PSC refreshment funds be used to assist homeless students.