Professional Staff Congress | 61 Broadway, 15th Floor, NYC 10006 | 212-354-1252 |212-PSC-CUNY | firstname.lastname@example.org | AFT Local #2334
92% Yes Vote!
A message from Barbara Bowen
Thank you, PSC! 92% of voters on strike authorization voted YES. Together we have sent an unequivocal message to the CUNY Chancellor and to Albany that PSC members are determined to fight for what we need-and what our students need.
The 92% vote is a demand that CUNY act with urgency to put a decent economic offer on the table and do what it takes to get this contract settled. The union remains absolutely committed to achieving an acceptable contract through the negotiating process, but we are prepared to take action if there is no alternative.
The Elections Committee met on Friday, May 13th to certify the spring chapter elections:
- Brooklyn EOC – Chair - Felicia Wharton
- College of Staten Island – Chair – George Sanchez
- Hunter Campus Schools – Chair – David Towber
- HEO – Chair – Andrea Vasquez
- Kingsborough – Chair – Rita Yarmish
- Lehman – Chair – Robert Farrell
- Manhattan CC – Chair – Geoffrey Kurtz
- Medgar Evers – Chair – Clinton Crawford
- New York City Tech – Chair – Benjamin Shepard
- Queensborough CC – Chair – Edmond Clingan
- Retiree Chapter – Chair – Bill Friedheim
The effective date of office for the spring chapter elections is May 27, 2016 – 3 year term.
All of the elections were uncontested but two. The official count for the two contested election (CSI and BMCC) is available here.
Media Coverage (May 16- )
- NY Daily News: Time for a CUNY contract: Professors must ditch their strike threat, and Gov. Cuomo must step up
- Amsterdam News: PSC-CUNY votes to authorize strike
- Labor Press: The Real Reason CUNY Hasn't Settled a Contract
- Capital Tonight: CUNY Union Approves Possibility of a Strike
- Times Ledger: CUNY faculty vote to authorize strike
Meeting of the Committee on the Militarization of CUNY
May 25, 2016 - 6:30pm
PSC closed: Memorial Day
May 30, 2016 (All day)
Legislation Committee Meeting
June 8, 2016 - 6:00pm
International Committee Meeting
June 10, 2016 - 4:00pm
June 23, 2016 - 6:30pm