Professional Staff Congress | 61 Broadway, 15th Floor, NYC 10006 | 212-354-1252 |212-PSC-CUNY | email@example.com | AFT Local #2334
Delegate Assembly Recommends Contract Agreement for Ratification
After a spirited debate, the Delegate Assembly voted Thursday, June 23 to submit the tentative contract agreement to the PSC membership for a ratification vote. The vote to recommend ratification of the new contract passed by an overwhelming majority of 111 in favor to 11 opposed. The CUNY Board of Trustees approved the agreement at their Monday, June 27 meeting. PSC members will then have the final word on the contract during a ratification vote to be held in July 11 - August 3.
Click "read more" for a summary of the main features of the contract. Here is a link to the full memorandum of agreement and a link to the related agreements on adjunct health insurance and paid parental leave.
The CUNY Board of Trustees amended its calendar for the Board meeting on Monday, June 27, adding a note indicating that the proposed Freedom of Expression and Expressive Conduct policy will be considered at a later time. The note on the calendar read:
“It was clear from testimony at the public hearing on June 20, 2016, and other communications that there are questions and concerns about the proposed policy. The Chairperson and the Chancellor have determined that there should be additional consultation and discussion. Accordingly, this item is included on the calendar solely for informational purposes. A proposed policy will be considered by the Board of Trustees at a later time, following additional consultation and discussion.”
PSC President Barbara Bowen was one of many CUNY professors and students who testified against the proposed policy at a public hearing this past Monday.
On Tentative Contract Agreement:
- PoliticoNY: CUNY board approves union contracts
- Amsterdam News: PSC and CUNY finally reach a tentative deal
- The Chief: Collegiality Prevails At CUNY As PSC Accepts Pact With 10.4% Hike
- NY Times: Tentative Contract Deal at CUNY Ends Stalemate and Strike Threat
- NY Daily News: CUNY staff, administration reach deal on contract, break six-year deadlock
- Wall Street Journal: CUNY and Faculty Union Reach Contract Deal
- Inside Higher Ed: CUNY Reaches Tentative Deal With Faculty Union
- Staten Island Advance: Tenative contract agreement reached for CUNY faculty
- Workers World: CUNY employees win contract
- Black Star News: CUNY Reaches Deal with Union -- Milliken
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed: CUNY and Faculty Union Reach Tentative Deal to End Long Labor Fight
- Academe Blog: Professional Staff Congress Reaches Contract Deal With CUNY
- NY.GOV: Cuomo on Contract Agreement Between CUNY and Professional Staff Congress
- CUNY Newswire: Chancellor Milliken’s Statement on Tentative Contract with the Professional Staff Congress