Professional Staff Congress | 61 Broadway, 15th Floor, NYC 10006 | 212-354-1252 |212-PSC-CUNY | firstname.lastname@example.org | AFT Local #2334
RF Central Office Contract
Summary of Contract Settlement
November 1, 2013
- Five-year contract, 1/1/13 – 12/31/2017; compounded salary increases worth 15.4%; full retroactive pay; $750 in bonuses
- Salary increases
- 2.25% increase effective January 1, 2013 + $500 signing bonus for all employees who are on payroll as of the contract ratification date
- 2.50% increase effective January 1, 2014, compounded + $250 bonus for all employees on the payroll as of 7/1/14
- 3.00% increase effective January 1, 2015, compounded
- 3.25% increase effective January 1, 2016, compounded
- 3.50% increase effective January 1, 2017, compounded
Employees may not wear inappropriate clothing or items, such as:
- Athletic wear (e.g., exercise clothing, jerseys with team logos)
- Sneakers and other athletic footwear (unless required for a documented medical reason)
- Baseball caps or hats
- Tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, midriff length tops
- Beach wear (flip-flops, beach sandals, etc.)
- Blue denim jeans
- Cutoff pants
- Underwear as outerwear
- Shirts with tails designed to be tucked shall not be worn untucked.
The following terms apply to employees hired after January 1, 2014.
- Annual leave accrual - New hires will begin with ten days of annual leave. The accrual will increase one day per year until the sixth year at which time new employees will revert to the current accrual schedule.
- Annual leave carryover - New hires may carryover no more than 25 days (instead of 35 days) of annual leave from one calendar year to another. Sick leave accrual - New hires will accrue 4.5 hours of sick leave per biweekly pay period instead of 5.5 hours for a total of 16.7 days annually.
- Sick leave cap - The accrual of sick leave is capped at 160 days.
- Health insurance - New hires must enroll in the EPO plan for the first two years of their employment.
- Severance pay – Two weeks’ notice pay or pay in lieu thereof, plus one week of severance pay for every year of completed service. The maximum amount of severance pay for new hires will be 12 weeks instead of 16.
- Probationary period - The probationary period for new grade level V employees will be nine months.
- Benefits incidental to retirement – The eligibility age for benefits incidental to retirement (i.e., lifetime health insurance, cash payout) increases from 55 to 62 years of age.
|Research Found CUNY Agreement 2014.pdf||285.36 KB|