1. Although I have taught for over 20 years at [college omitted] I have been given termination letters by email & during the school year.
2. Not knowing where I stand, if I will be back, diminishes confidence and creates a distance between me and the other faculty.
3. Because adjuncts do not have sick day pay, I always come to class when sick. Not good for me or students as I cough, hack and sneeze throughout class. Affects my performance but I need the pay, so I never miss class.
4. Yes, contracts are given contingent on enrollment and have been canceled and/or assigned on short notice.
5. I apply for other jobs (outside CUNY) every year.