November 2019 Open Enrollment Period
During this period, you can:
• Transfer to another health plan*
• Transfer to another dental plan;
• Add/drop an optional rider benefit;
• Add/drop spouse, domestic partner, and/or dependent(s) – this is the only time that you can make changes in your dependent status without a qualifying event;
• Elect to waive your health coverage or enroll in the Medical Spending Conversion Health Benefits Buy-Out Waiver Program;
• Elect to withdraw from the MSC Buy-Out Waiver Program and enroll in health benefits;
Optional Rider:Most of the health plans have an Optional Rider that offers additional benefits/coverage not available as part of the basic plan. You may add or drop the Optional Rider during the Transfer Period.
Adding or Dropping Dependents: The Transfer Period is the only time you may make changes to your health plan and welfare fund because of a change in family status without a qualifying event, as described in the NYC Summary Program Description. Appropriate documentation and the completed enrollment forms are required to complete any change. Employees who wish to add an eligible dependent will be required to submit new dependent documentation.
(*Retirees may only transfer from one NYC Health Benefit Plan (HBP) plan to another in even numbered years, Their next NYC HBF transfer period is November 2020.)
For a complete chart of all NYC HBF plan costs.click here.