The PSC stands by the principle during the pandemic of keeping everyone working, getting paid and maintaining health insurance and rejects any attempt to anticipate or resolve budget difficulties by dismissing or not reappointing employees, including contingent and part-time employees and student employees.
ADJUNCT NOTIFICATIONS OF NON-REAPPOINTMENT
If you have received a notice of non-reappointment or if you did not receive notice, please let the union know by filling out the following form. The union will not share your information to anyone outside of PSC contract enforcement without your permission.
JUNE 30: EXTENSION OF DEADLINE FOR NOTIFICATION OF ADJUNCT APPOINTMENTS
Through the sustained pressure of thousands of union members, the PSC was able to get CUNY to extend the deadline for notification for adjunct appointments for the fall semester. The agreement gives the union more time to organize to fight against any layoffs and enables the PSC to meet with CUNY regarding any instances of adjuncts who are on health insurance through CUNY and are at risk of losing it.
- A letter from PSC President Barbara Bowen about the deadline extension
- The PSC-CUNY agreement on the deadline extension
UNEMPLOYMENT INSURANCE FOR ADJUNCTS
All adjuncts who are not working or are earning less than $504 per week should apply for unemployment insurance, with or without a letter of non-reappointment.
- NYS Labor Commissioner Roberta Reardon video that leads people step by step through the application process
- PSC FAQ on unemployment insurance for adjuncts
- Dept of Labor FAQs about Unemployment Insurance
- Contact the Workers Defense League, a non-profit advocacy organization that offers free advice about Unemployment Insurance & possible representation at hearings
FIND OUT ABOUT PART-TIMER RIGHTS AND BENEFITS
Learn about your rights and benefits.