A SAFE RETURN TO CAMPUS DURING COVID-19
A healthy and safe working environment is a right and not a privilege. Here are some of the ways that the PSC Environmental Health and Safety Watchdogs can help you and others in your chapter:
- Asked to work on campus? Let us know.
- Preparing for partial reopening of CUNY campuses (Guidance for chapter chairs and campus health and safety watchdogs)
- Returning to work, a short health and safety checklist
- PSC science labs, health and safety checklist
- Tips for better indoor air quality during COVID-19
- COVID-19 ventilation checklist
- CUNY: Fall 2020 campus reopening plans
- State-mandated health and safety precautions (Scroll down to higher education)
- January 9 Update on Availability of Vaccines
PSC staff and officers have been working remotely since March 2020 to help slow the spread of the pandemic coronavirus COVID-19 and safeguard the health of our employees and members. The office at 61 Broadway will be closed until public health experts indicate a reduced need for social distancing measures. But we are here for you! Help us direct your inquiries to the right department by submitting them here on the Contact Us form.
CUNY has lost more faculty and staff in the pandemic than any other university in the U.S. Most of those lost have been PSC members. Visit the In Memoriam page, which lists the names of those members known to have died due to the coronavirus.
Save Lives, Save Jobs, Save CUNY
The PSC is engaged in an all-out struggle for the safety and health of our members during the coronavirus pandemic. We are fighting for every job, campaigning to restore the jobs and health insurance of laid-off adjuncts and to win the public funding and progressive tax policies needed to save CUNY during the Coronavirus Recession. Visit the Save Lives, Save Jobs, Save CUNY campaign page to see actions, resources and a timeline of events and announcements going back to March 2020. Press coverage of the campaign and member-written op-eds about CUNY’s role in the City’s recovery are posted on the PSC in the News page. Take good care of yourselves, and take care of each other. That’s what unions do.