Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct the search for an Associate Executive Director at the Professional Staff Congress (www.psc-cuny.org) of the City University of New York (PSC). This is a full-time management position reporting to the Executive Director of the PSC. Work is currently partially remote and will be based in their New York City office.
The Professional Staff Congress, AFT Local 2334, is a progressive, activist union representing 30,000 faculty and staff at the City University of New York. The PSC is seeking to hire an experienced individual to oversee certain administrative areas as well as expansion of the union’s capacity for strategic planning, member mobilization, services to members, internal education, and social change projects.
- Work with union officers and Executive Director to oversee implementation of PSC’s strategic vision
- Carry out administrative oversight of:
- Outreach and education on member benefits
- Union office computer capacity and resources
- PSC website
- Database management and implementation
- Mass emails
- Union conferences and meetings
- Personnel procedures for staff and bargaining unit members compensated for union work
- Advise and assist PSC Executive Director and assume their responsibilities in their absence
- Develop and implement internal leadership education as assigned
- Coordinate administrative support for union chapters and committees
- Oversees organizing and collective bargaining projects as assigned
- Participate in union leadership meetings
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and providing leadership to staff and in overseeing administrative responsibilities
- Ability to oversee a database implementation through completion
- Experience with a variety of office technology tools
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and creative thinking and in coordinating member-activists
- Ability to adapt and respond rapidly to change
- Being thoughtful, deliberative, calm, and rational in the workplace
- Possess a knack for problem solving
- Demonstrated experience with computers in an office environment and strong database skills
- Demonstrated experience in defining, managing, and completing research and outreach/education projects and strong writing, speaking and presentation skills
- Versatility in assuming other roles to bridge between staff transitions
- Demonstrated commitment to progressive trade unionism and social justice
- Organizing and collective bargaining experience a plus
Education & Experience Requirements:
- At least 10 years of trade union or nonprofit organization experience, including at least 5 years in an administrative role and at least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Baccalaureate or more advanced degree required in an appropriate field.
- 3 employment references.
Salary: $129,000+, depending on experience Comprehensive benefit package
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration please send your resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter in Word.docx or PDF format to the attention of Braden Busch, Managing Partner - Scion Executive Search via email to email@example.com.
Application deadline: November 8, 2021.
PSC is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color encouraged to apply.
Scion Executive Search is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and educational institutions across the country. Cultivated in the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization’s mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches.
Executive Search is listed in Forbes 2021 America's Best Professional Recruiting Firms list and Forbes 2021 America's Best Executive Recruiting Firms list. More information about Scion Executive Search can be found online at www.scionexecutivesearch.com.
Scion Executive Search is an Equal Opportunity Employers and does not discriminate based on race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, or belief. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.