PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2014, 11.30AM IN ROOM B2008, NORMAN & MIRIAM JOHNSON LECTURE HALL
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all in attendance.
The minutes were approved as read.
Dr. Crawford appealed for assistance in getting the work of PSC/MEC done.
Labor Management (LM) Meeting
Dr. Crawford outlined the agenda for the Labor Management meeting that should have convened on Tuesday, October 21, 2014 but had to be rescheduled due to President Crew being called away by Central Office. The new date for the meeting was October 28, 2014.
LM Meeting Agenda:
- HEOs being required to sign-in and sign-out: not required by PSC contract.
- Re classification of HEOs: need for mechanism of promotion
- Unsafe B parking lot: non-functioning cameras, need for a guard at the gate in the pm
- Abominable IT Services and the need to separate Institutional Technology from Information Technology
- Faculty members without offices
- Adequate space in the Library for the Writing Center
- Need for coordination of all autonomous bodies in the college, and the need for an organizational chart.
The suggestion was made to have VP Jerald Posman, Chief Operating Officer, who is responsible for organization be invited to the next PSC meeting.
The Contract: Gov. Cuomo is standing in the way of a new contract. Dr. Crawford asked all members to attend rallies in support of the contract, one of which was scheduled for Wednesday, October 29. A motion was made and seconded that: We all commit to be at the rally on October 29 and all subsequent rallies.
The PSC’S contractual demands include:
- Reduction in faculty work-load
- Improvement in salary
- 5-year tenure track for HEOs
- Adjunct conversion to fulltime after 10 years of service
Submitted by V. Green, Secretary