PSC/CUNY and Research Foundation Central Office
1. Four-year contract, 1/1/09 – 12/31/2012; compounded salary increases worth 13.65%
2. Salary increases
- 3.0% increase effective January 1, 2009 + $500 signing bonus for all employees who were on payroll as of 12/8/09
- 3.25% increase effective January 1, 2010, compounded
- 3.5% increase effective January 1, 2011, compounded
- 3.25% increase effective January 1, 2012, compounded
3. Longevity Recognition
Effective January 1, 2009 all longevity increments shall be increased by $50, as follows:
5 years: $ 675.00
7 years: $ 925.00
10 years: $1,675.00
15 years: $2,175.00
20 years: $2,675.00
25 years: $3,175.00
4. Health Care Premiums - The employee contribution will increase from 17% to 18% of the cost of the premium as of January 1, 2010 and will increase to 19% as of January 1, 2012.
5. Vision Coverage – The cap on vision coverage reimbursement shall increase from $100 every two years to $200 every two years.
6. Life Insurance Coverage – Employees in the lower 3 salary grades will receive $30,000 in life insurance coverage, double the previous amount and equal to the coverage provided for all other employees in the bargaining unit.
7. Retirement Annuity – A Tier IV will be created for employees hired after 1/1/09. It differs from Tier III in that the employer contribution is made as a lump sum payment at the end of the year, and the 3% employee contribution is no longer required.
8. Meal and Transportation Allowances – The allowances for meals and transportation for employees who work overtime were increased and are now included as a side letter to the agreement.
9. Salary Adjustment for Work in Higher Grade – Employees who are assigned to work temporarily in a higher salary grade shall be paid at the minimum salary rate for the higher grade.
10. Charging of Annual Leave – Employees who are more than 15 minutes late shall have their annual leave balance charged to the nearest quarter-hour increment, rather than always having it rounded up to next quarter-hour.
11. Compensatory Time – When an employee has accrued compensatory time, the supervisor must approve the time off within two weeks of the date on which the hours were worked.
12. Changes to Health Insurance Benefits – The Foundation shall provide the PSC with an opportunity to consult prior to making any such changes.
13. Limits of Tuition Reimbursement – A passing grade of C or better is required for both graduate and undergraduate classes.
14. Disciplinary Actions – Warnings for misconduct are now grievable. Warnings for unsatisfactory performance will, upon the Union’s or the employee’s request, be removed from the employee’s personnel record 12 months after the date of the warning provided there has been no repetition of the conduct in question.
15. Pre-tax Benefits - The scope of parking, transit/commuting, flexible spending and dependent care benefits is now included in a side letter to the agreement.
Memorandum of Agreement: Click here  for the Memorandum of Agreement.
Click here  for the full 2009-2012 contract.
|Research Foundation Agreement 2010.pdf ||1.19 MB|