Professional Staff Congress | 61 Broadway, 15th Floor, NYC 10006 | 212-354-1252 |212-PSC-CUNY | firstname.lastname@example.org | AFT Local #2334
Educational Opportunity Centers Supplemental Agreement
9/20/07 – 10/19/10 (37 months)
All provisions of the 2002-07 Agreement remain in effect except as
2. Economic Terms
- 3.15% across-the-board effective 9/21/07
- 4.00% across-the-board, compounded, effective 10/21/08
- 3.00% across-the board, compounded, effective 10/20/09
- Effective 10/20/09, an additional increase of 3.1%, compounded on 10/21/08 salary rates, shall be applied to the top step of all EOC annual titles with salary steps.
- Effective 10/20/09, an additional increase of 5.75%, compounded on 10/21/08 salary rates, shall be applied to the top step of EOC Adjunct Lecturer and EOC Adjunct College Laboratory Technician titles.
Welfare Fund: $50 per year increase in the annual contribution CUNY makes on behalf of eligible full-time EOC employees and retirees, effective 9/20/08
Lecturer Salary Schedule: Effective March 19, 2010, each step on the EOC
Lecturer salary schedule shall be increased by $1,000.
Salary Differentials: Effective March 19, 2010, employees in the titles EOC Assistant to HEO and EOC College Laboratory Technician who hold a master’s degree from an accredited university in a field related to their job duties will receive an annual salary differential of $1,000 and those who hold a doctoral degree from an accredited university in a field related to their job duties will receive a $2,500 annual salary differential.
- Paid Parental Leave: Effective September 1, 2009, full-time EOC employees
- will be eligible to participate in the Paid Parental Leave Program consistent with the 3/19/09 letter agreement between PSC and CUNY, except that paragraph 13 (retroactive benefits) shall not apply and adjustments may be made to reflect the academic calendar of the EOCs.
- Temporary Disability Leave: Amended provisions of Article 16 of the collective bargaining agreement between PSC and CUNY will apply to full-time EOC employees to the extent provided under the existing Supplemental Agreement:
-- Entitlement to use of 3 accrued sick days per year for the care of an ill family member
-- Participation in the Dedicated Sick Leave Policy and the Sick Leave Bank
4. Professional Development
Effective July 1, 2009, EOC Lecturers will no longer receive the annual professional development differential under Article 4 of the Supplemental Agreement, but EOC Lecturers and EOC Lecturers Doctoral shall be eligible to participate in the HEO-CLT Professional Development Fund established under Article 33.5 of the collective bargaining agreement between PSC and CUNY, under established terms. Grants to employees in these titles may be awarded up to a maximum of $45,000 per year.
Effective July 1, 2009, the professional development funds under Article 5 of the Supplemental Agreement will no longer be available to the Centers, but employees in the EOC HEO series and EOC CLT titles will be eligible to participate in the HEO-CLT Professional Development Fund established under Article 33.5 of the collective bargaining agreement between PSC and CUNY, under established terms.
5. Applicability of Other Terms of PSC-CUNY Collective Bargaining Agreement
Changes to the following terms shall apply to EOC employees:
- Use of college email for union communication (Article 7)
- Adjunct Professional Development Fund – EOC adjuncts will be eligible to apply, under established terms, for grants (Appendix C)
- Changes to applicable contract provisions for adjuncts, primarily permitting service in a Substitute title to bridge adjunct service, will also apply to EOC adjuncts:
-- Tuition Waivers (the change permitting service in the same
college will also apply) (Art. 29.3)
-- Movement in Schedule (Art. 24.2b)
-- One-Year Appointments (Art. 10.1 (a) 3)
-- Teaching Observations (Art. 18)