We are delighted to announce that Brooklyn College has reversed its decision and approved the hiring of Kristofer Petersen-Overton for the course in Middle East Politics for this spring. Congratulations to Mr. Petersen-Overton, who calmly stood his ground, and to the Brooklyn College Political Science Department, who stood with him, and to the hundreds of PSC members and scholars across the country who protested the violation of academic freedom.
Related article: 1/31/11 Brooklyn College Chapter Statement on Kristofer Petersen-Overton.
- New York Times, 1/31/11 -- In Switch, Brooklyn College Will Hire Adjunct on Mideast
- New York Daily News, 2/1/11 -- Brooklyn College professor Kristofer Petersen-Overton is back on job after firing in Mideast flap
- CUNY Graduate Center Advocate -- Academic Freedom Blog
- Chronicle of Higher Education -- Brooklyn College Backs Off Decision.
- Huffington Post,1/28/11 -- Kristofer Petersen-Overton, Brooklyn College Adjunct Prof, Says He Was Fired For Political Reasons
- Democracy Now, 1/31/11 -- Brooklyn College Professor Dismissed For Views on Israel