Contact an Adjunct Grievance Counselor by June 22
May 15 was the deadline for CUNY colleges to notify adjuncts eligible for both three-year and one-year appointments. If there was a discrepancy in your letter of appointment or you received a notice of non-reappointment, it is critical that you contact a PSC adjunct grievance counselor by Thursday, June 22 so Contract Enforcement has time to file a grievance on your behalf before the 30-business-day deadline for filing grievances passes on June 27.
Adjuncts are entitled to a one-year appointment if they have served in the same department of the college for not fewer than six (6) consecutive semesters (exclusive of summer sessions) during the three (3) year period immediately preceding the appointment.
Adjuncts are eligible to be considered for a three-year appointment if they have taught at least six (6) classroom contact hours per semester within the same department at the same college for the ten (10) most recent consecutive Fall and Spring semesters preceding September 1, 2017.
Contact a PSC adjunct grievance counselor at 212-354-1252 no later than June 22, 2017 if you believe you are eligible for a one- or three-year appointment and if any of the following occur:
- You do not receive any letter of appointment or reappointment on or before May 15;
- The appointment letter you receive does not contain the appropriate title and hourly rate;
- You believe that you are eligible for a one-year appointment and received a letter for a semester appointment;
- You believe that you are eligible for a three-year appointment and received a one-year or a semester appointment; or
- You receive a letter of non-reappointment.