Professional Staff Congress | 61 Broadway, 15th Floor, NYC 10006 | 212-354-1252 |212-PSC-CUNY | firstname.lastname@example.org | AFT Local #2334
On Monday, March for CUNY and the Millionaire's Tax
Join City Council Higher Education Chair Ydanis Rodriguez for a march from Washington Heights to Wall Street next Monday, November 7 to support Occupy Wall Street. The PSC is joining other unions and organizations including SEIU 32BJ, 1199, CWA and WFP to call for jobs, education and passage of the “millionaires’ tax.”
The march leaves 181st Street and St. Nicholas Avenue at 10:30 a.m. Monday and proceeds down Broadway to arrive at Zuccotti Park at 4:30 p.m. Join for a few blocks or the whole day.
Below are the estimated times the march will be passing near CCNY, John Jay College, Baruch College and BMCC. Hunter and Hostos are a bit farther away from the Broadway route, but students, faculty and staff at your campus may be interested too. Spread the word! Fliers in English and Spanish are attached.
The rally stops are set; the other times are estimates:
- Leaves 181st Street and St. Nicholas Avenue at 10:30 a.m.
- 135th and Broadway near CCNY around 11:30 a.m.
- Rally stop at 125th and Broadway between Noon and 12:30 p.m.
- Rally stop at 72nd and Broadway at 1:30 p.m.
- 59th and Broadway near John Jay around 2:00 p.m.
- 23rd and Broadway near Baruch around 3:00 p.m.
- Rally stop at Union Square at 3:30 p.m.
- Zuccotti Park at 4:30 p.m. near BMCC
|11 2 11november7englishpdf.pdf||244.49 KB|
|11 2 11november7spanishpdf.pdf||238.12 KB|