PSC/CUNY – MEDGAR EVERS COLLEGE CHAPTER
MEETING HELD WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2013, 11.30AM IN ROOM B2008, NORMAN & MIRIAM JOHNSON LECTURE HALL
The meeting was called to order by Dr. Clinton Crawford, Chair, PSC/ MEC who welcomed all in attendance.
The minutes were approved as read.
Health Care Plan
Heather Grant from Human Resources promoted the Benefits Fair for 10/29/13 and encouraged everyone to attend.
Update Re PSC Demonstration before the Board of Trustees 9/30/13
Demonstration was orderly and, among other things, communicated to the board the need for a contract without which we have been working for now three years. Part of the PSC strategy for progress was focused on electing a mayor who has the interest of unions in the city – Bill de Blassio.
Middle States Report
Middle States Evaluators will be recommending to the Middle States Commission that the cloud be lifted from Medgar Evers College due to the fact that she has met the three standards for which she was previously cited. MEC has to begin preparing now by compiling evidence of work done for accreditation exercises due in five years.
Items for Our Next Labor Management Meeting
- Need for clarity re the Middle States schedule for the next self-study and visit on all standards, and re which office is responsible for Middle States readiness.
- Broken technology
- Space reservations – difficulty in identifying available space
- Graduation needs to be back on campus
- Articulation between pipeline project and infrastructure – we may not be able to sustain influx
- Security – insecure parking lot, security sending visitors upstairs to find a student, dead phones after late classes.
The suggestion was made to invite President Crew to a PSC meeting to discuss his vision and how we could assist him in carrying it out.
The meeting stood adjourned.
Submitted by V. Green, Secretary